top of page

Inadequate processing capacity is the major challenge in the cashew industry. Nigeria processes only an estimated 10% total cashew nuts it produces. The remaining 90% are sold at low prices in the global market, with China, Vietnam and India topping the sales chart. Nigeria can process 25,000 – 35,000 tonnes of cashew every year but is currently only utilising about one-third of the capacity. The trade mission seeks to bring in foreign investors to partner and invest in the Cashew Value chain to boost productivity.

bottom of page